Are you one of the many women who struggles to find jeans to suit their shape? Yep it can be a painful process what with all the options out there and it's quite a common occurrence to see jeans that are not well suited to the bum inside them. I'm hoping to give a little bit of advice so you can see how the pockets on your jeans can play a MASSIVE role in how your jeans look from behind. Here are a few things to consider:
- It's all about the 'yoke'. The yoke is the piece of fabric between the waistband and the pockets. The V-shape should be positioned around the top part of your bum see below:
- The bottom of your back pockets should sit where your cheek and thigh meet. See below example of women of different sizes and shapes showing how this works in a pair of GAP jeans.
- Here is pic of when this does not quite work (EEEK)....
- You will also see here that the distance between the pockets is important to your shape. Pockets wide apart can sometimes make your bum/hips appear wider. Opt for a pair where the pockets are in the middle.
Now, if you know of someone who wears their jeans as per the photo above - please kindly slip them my number or send them this post :)
- And finally, point 2 flies out the window somewhat when you are a size 6 or smaller and can wear your pockets high like this! Confused?? Call me for a jean edit and guided shop today! x