Does this sound like you? "I have too many clothes yet I don't know what to wear?" This seems to be a common statement I am hearing from clients.
Let's take the first part of this frustration "I have too many clothes". Well if that is what you think then the answer is quite obvious - you need to cull!! Too many options can create a level of anxiety in what to select in the mornings let alone taking up space in your wardrobe or drawers. Here are five steps to get you minimalising your wardrobe:
1) Firstly, put all your pieces into categories - tops, skirts, pants etc
2) Put aside what you wear regularly (those pieces you have been wearing for the past 6 months)
3) If you have a large pile remaining then this is what you need to take action with. Go through and remove any items that are not in good quality condition.
4) Remove any items that no longer fit you (yes we all think we're going to get into that tight pair of skinnies from pre baby days - but the chances of this happening are...?)
5) Remove any items that are outdated (if you struggle to make this call, you may need a professional to advise, or ask a friend).
The Sallies are your friends here - ship off those culled items and let other people make use of them.
Be ruthless with this task, you will feel so good once you've cleansed this part of your life. Without all the excess clothes you will have a new appreciation for the pieces that are left. It may also show you more easily, what you might be missing. Of course you may have something that is sentimental to you, then keep it, but limit yourself to one or two sentimental items.
Get some nice wooden coat hangers, a damp rid bag and really create a wardrobe space that you want to get amongst!
Another little tip for your drawers - fold your items neatly so you can see what's inside! Yes I'm a pastel gal....
Any questions, please ask.