Socks were once worn for practical reasons but nowadays, in this fashion conscious world socks can give that extra hit of pizazz to an outfit. Here are a few of my top tips on how to style your socks to your trousers:
- Wear a pair that complements your trousers/suit. Eg. If wearing a mid grey suit then opt for a charcoal or black sock. Try and keep your colour combo tonal eg, light grey suit then socks should be a tone of grey. Navy suit, then a sock in a tone of blue.
- Obviously black suit equals black socks. Slightly different for jeans where if you wear black jeans your socks can be more casual or funky as long as they aren't white like John Travolta! :)
- Subtle pattern like stripes are popular for socks and can be worn with suit pants ensuring the stripes complement your trouser colour. Unless of course you are going for a bold and daring look then you want to really go statement see middle pic below.
- The heavier your trousers ie denim or corduroy the heavier texture your sock should be.
- Of course all of the above depends on whether you are wearing a shoe or a boot - if a boot, it doesn't really matter if the sock isn't on show.
- Throw out any holey socks! There really is no need for this!
Lastly, I found this great little gem of website for you sock-a-holic guys out there. Soxy - a subscription service for men delivering 5 stylish pairs of socks on a monthly basis - yes that's right, each month 5 new designs are created and can be delivered straight to your doorstep! No more stressing about your socks in the morning guys!
Image: Mango Studios